- 8 ha property MONZI
- the house and other buildings are located in the NW corner of the property
- Buildings include – a 4 bedroom architect designed house (brick under concrete roof tiles)
deep covered varanda
two bathrooms, three toilets, wide passage
two aircons, mozzie screens, burglar bars, motion detectors, beams
main en-suite bedroom can be 100% secured with trellidoors
double garage connected to 2 storerooms and aircon’d office and adjoining storeroom. Also a lean-to garage at the back of this building
maids quarters: 2 bedrooms, living area, shower and toilet and covered veranda.....connected to a spacious laundry
workshop (cement blocks with tile roof) with ample covered parking bays, a large storeroom and a staff room with toilet and shower
a shed (cement blocks under new IBR sheeting)
a single staff room with small veranda and shower toilet and basin.
65000 litre underground concrete water tank linked to the gutter run-off from the house
a small tank stand with a 5000 lt tank for the house....pressurised by a pressure pump
a swimming pool
- I get enough water direct from the Mfolozi to run 5 sprinklers every second day.
- the rest of the property is either natural grassland and or natural bush.
- one of the quietest properties in Monzi....no tractor and trailer noise.....no noise from Dukuduku .....wake up to birdsong every morning
- several resident red duiker, bush buck, a big group of banded mongoose, slender tail mongoose.....all seen regularly on our front lawn, forest guinea fowl (fed every day), bush babies, great bird life etc etc
- never experienced any theft in the 30 odd years we have lived here - one gardener and one maid manage the house and property quite easily
- municipal water
- paved (clay pavers) driveway and gravelled access road
- lovely trees on the property as well as on the south and west sides of the house